Monday, April 23, 2012
Let's talk about sex
My children were conceived by magic. Found in a garden, in a patch where other children lie awaiting their new family; blooming brightly until they became available for picking. Okay, we all know that this isn't true, but I'm pretty sure that my parents, as well as others would prefer to think so in reference to us, or anyone for that matter doing "the do".
In viewing a number of material daily, I can't help but notice that the discussion of sex is rampant. Let's face it. As a country, or species (whichever you prefer), we are obsessed with sex, and although our obsession is blatantly obvious (just watch the latest musical videos), we as a society have still managed to be...prudes. Although we would like to think that sex is a private matter, with shows like Real Sex and Taxi Cab Confessions, it has become very public. Even so, the number one complaint I seem to here from my friends, and in articles alike, is that their sex lives... stink. Is it a matter of our societal norm to calm the "freak" within? Is it that hellinism is an attribute of the past, and has no place in modern society? Are we truly prudes?
The complaints I often hear are:
It is, or does not occur often enough.
There is too little intimacy when trying to attempt.
It is not enough fun.
No spontaneity.
But lets face it, as adults in long-term relationships with children, who has time? Right? Well according to the "experts", you must make time. You must work on increasing your intimacy. And, you must also keep things "spicy". But how? And with if your partner won't comply?
In a fairly recent conversation with an associate of mine, those issues did come up. My advice was asked in reference to my perception of whether, or not I find it wrong for a significant other to indulge in porn, or strip clubs. As I told the person in question, if your looking for an affirmation that it is wrong, you've come to the wrong person. I personally don't find anything wrong with it, as long as it's not interfering terribly with a person's relationship, and in some cases it could be the fuel to the fire that is needed to spruce one's "horizontal poker" time. Couldn't it?
So could you...would you, "allow" your partner to indulge in the socially unacceptable in regard to sex and sexuality? And what truly, truly, makes a great and healthy sex life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment